We respect your privacy.
1. We will not sell, rent, or otherwise distribute our mailing list.
2. Our mailing list is Double opt-in. A confirmation is needed to join.
3. We send out occasional newsletters and announcements to our mailing list.
4. HandicappedPets.com is actually a 'family' of websites including PetDiapers.com. DogKarts.com, PetBoots.com, RememberAPet.com, BlindDogs.com, PetSafetyBelts.com, handicappedpets.com, and more. Mailings may contain information and references to these other sites.
5. All photos, stories, and articles we receive become our property and may be used on our website or in advertisements. Sometimes, we receive stories and articles in which the author prints their contact information so that others may contact them. If you include your name, address, or email in the text of the story, we may reprint it if we feel this was your intention. If you do not want this information reprinted, please say so... or omit it. If your email address appears only in the return address of an email you send us, we will NOT reprint it. In other words, if you do not include your email in the text of the story, we will not print it.... even if we know your email address because it is shown as the return address of the email message. (Let me know if that's not clear.)
6. We keep your address and credit card information in our accounting system. If you would not like us to keep this information, please say so. Note that if, at your request, we purge your order information from our database, we will not be able to process your returns or honor product warranties as we will have no record that you purchased from us. Our original invoice may be used as a proof of purchase.
7. In the event that HandicappedPets.com becomes a part of another company or is purchased by another company, the mailing list will also become property of the new company.
Our "Family" of websites.
HandicappedPets.com, along with a number of other websites including PetDiapers.com, PetSafetyBelts.com, WalkinWheels.com, BlindPets.com, and many more are considered to be a member of the HandicappedPets.com "Family" of websites. As these websites are owned and operated by HandicappedPets.com and it's affiliates, information is shared within the company. Where referred to below, "HandicappedPets.com" means the websites owned and operated by handicappedpets.com and its affiliates.
Your Privacy at The HandicappedPets.com family of websites.
Types of personal information we may gather
HandicappedPets.com gathers personal information from you in order to provide superior service, communicate offers on merchandise and services which we believe will be of interest to you, customize our communications to you, administer our business, and improve your shopping experience. The following are examples of the personal information we gather from you.
• Purchases — When you place an order, you give us your name, address, phone number and/or e-mail address plus payment information.
• Non-Purchases — There may be instances when you are not making a purchase at HandicappedPets.com and you give us your name, address, phone number and/or e-mail address, and where applicable, payment information, or when somebody else gives us your name, address, phone number and/or e-mail address, and where applicable, payment information. Some situations when this may occur are when you return or exchange merchandise, receive a gift from HandicappedPets.com or enter a contest or participate in a promotion or survey sponsored by HandicappedPets.com.
• Personal Shopping Account – If you create a Personal Shopping Account with us so that you may place orders more conveniently, you authorize us to store your name and shipping address(es), and payment information.
• E-mail updates — When you subscribe to receive HandicappedPets.com e-mail updates featuring exclusive offers (like free shipping), product news, special discounts, contest announcements and more, we require your e-mail address. You can unsubscribe anytime.
• Online services — Several of our optional services involve storing personal information.
How we use personal information
We ask you for certain kinds of personal information in order to provide you with the services you request and to process and deliver your order. We also may use your personal information to provide you with customized communications and keep you updated on the latest promotions or products that may interest you.
In addition, our site utilizes "cookies." Cookies do not gather any of your personally identifiable information. They do allow us to provide you with a more personalized shopping experience and enable you to fully interact with and complete your transaction on our site.
HandicappedPets.com shares its customer information with its affiliated companies, including WalkinWheels, HandicappedPets.net, and more. We also may share your information with our business partners in order to provide you with certain services that you have requested (for example, StreamSend.com provides our mailing services.
Along with respecting your privacy, HandicappedPets.com diligently strives to keep your personal information safe and secure.
What are cookies?
"Cookies" are small data files that one of our servers sends to your computer via your Web browser when you connect with our Web site. Their primary function is to help us remember you by tracking your browsing sessions, which enables us to collect non-personally identifiable information (such as your IP address, browser type, and domain name, etc.), and provide you with a more relevant shopping experience.
Cookies also help us:
• determine which features and tools you use, and which pages you visit on HandicappedPets.com
• remember which items you've placed in your shopping bag
• enable you to checkout faster if you've created an account with us
If you have any concerns about leaving cookies on your computer for extended periods, you can delete them using your browser preferences or privacy menus.
Mailing List Preference
If you do not want to have your name shared with non-affiliated companies please unsubscribe or click on the "unsubscribe" link included in all e-mails sent by HandicappedPets.com.
Children's Privacy at HandicappedPets.com
Your Information is Secure at HandicappedPets.com
We go to great lengths to keep your financial information private and safe. All credit card transactions occur in a secure area of our site, to protect you from any loss, misuse or alteration of information collected.
Your financial information is safe
We use Secure Socket Layers (SSL), the industry standard in transferring information to process your orders. The SSL encrypts, or translates, your order information into a highly difficult to decipher code, which is processed immediately.
Your transactions are secure
When you've finished shopping and begin the checkout process, you will move into the secure area of our site. A warning window may pop up to notify you that you are entering this "safe" area. Once you've entered, the page address (URL) will change from http to https, to let you know you are in a secure area. Also, a key or a closed lock will appear in the lower left hand corner of your screen to notify you of this change. You will remain in this secure zone for the entire checkout process. In addition, you may consult the rules established by your browser to learn about other possible features that indicate that you are on a secure internet page.
Your transactions are guaranteed
We guarantee that your transactions are secure when you place an order through the HandicappedPets.com site. In the unlikely event that anything happened with your credit card transaction, you would have no liability, beyond $50, for any charges relating to that transaction. Here's how it works: The Fair Credit Act states that your credit card company can only hold you liable for up to $50 in fraudulent charges to your credit card account.
By accessing or using any features on HandicappedPets.com, you agree to be bound by these terms of service. We may periodically change these terms without providing prior notice. So, we recommend that you read these terms carefully each time you use this website.
Any dispute relating to the HandicappedPets.com website or use or inability to use the HandicappedPets.com website (collectively, "Dispute") will be governed by the laws of the State of New Hampshire, without regard to (i) its conflict of law provisions, (ii) the 1980 United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, or (iii) any provision of the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act as it may be enacted in New Hampshire or any other jurisdiction. HandicappedPets.com will not be liable for and you may not recover consequential, punitive, special, incidental, and/or indirect damages from any claim relating to your use of the HandicappedPets.com website.
Any Dispute shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in New Hampshire except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate our intellectual property rights, we may seek injunctive or any other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in the State of New Hampshire, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts. Arbitration of any and all Disputes shall be conducted in accordance with the American Arbitration Association rules with a three judge panel. The arbitration award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
No Class Actions
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under these terms shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to these terms, whether through class arbitration or otherwise.
Reading and Understand these Terms and Conditions